Mission and Vision
We seek to:
- Promote and support evidence-based practices to bridge the gap between teaching and learning, keeping in mind that discipline-based assessment is key
- Foster innovative active engagement techniques based on discipline-based education research in the natural sciences for both majors and non-majors.
- Emphasize equity and inclusion in STEM courses and make sure that ALL students from diverse backgrounds have opportunities to excel in STEM courses.
- Foster a faculty learning community for supporting scholarly approaches to teaching and learning
- Strive to be a national leader in research-based instruction in the natural sciences