View lunches from this year 2023.
Weekly lunch discussions expand knowledge of discipline-based science education research and can include:
- faculty members discussing practical issues involving implementation and assessment of innovative curricula in their classes
- group discussions of papers from discipline-based science education research with a focus on practical issues in adaptation and implementation at Pitt
- workshops led by faculty members who conduct science education research
- informal discussions to foster close collaboration and sharing of ideas among the faculty engaged in scholarship of teaching and learning in the natural sciences.
- discussions between faculty and graduate students to promote synergy.
The weekly lunch discussions have been occurring since mid-may 2014.